Inspired by the Olympics? Why not take part in our sponsored cycle challenge and win some great prizes.
You can take part in an organised cycle challenge, such as our London to Brighton ride in October, or create your own event. See below for a list of cycles taking place across the country. http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events
If you want to organise your own sponsored cycle why not use the National cycle network? With over 12,000 miles available, a third of which is traffic free. http://www.sustrans.org.uk/what-we-do/national-cycle-network
Simple steps for organising your own ride:
- Choose a flatish route of 10-20 miles
- Set a date – making sure it doesn’t clash with any major sporting events
- Start fundraising by setting up a justgiving page and ask your friends, family and work colleagues to sponsor you http://www.justgiving.com
Why not make it a family day out? See our kidzone pages for inspiration www.wdcs.org/kidzone
- If you raise over £50 you will receive an organic cotton stop whaling bag
- If you raise over £100 you will receive a signed copy of Monty Halls – The Great Escape- Wild West Coast
- If you raise over £150 you will receive a whale adoption
Help us to stop whales and dolphins being held in captivity as it shortens their lives. With your support we can campaign to get them back in the wild, where they belong.
“Why not get on your bikes and use some pedal power to raise money for whales and dolphins! Your efforts will make a big difference and help protect these beautiful animals.” - Monty Halls, WDCS Patron.
Our congratulations and thanks go to Howard Foster and Zeina Saad who embarked on a 3,000 mile cycle ride from London to Marrakesh last year and raised over £3,000 for WDCS!
For more information and fundraising advice please contact the Events Team on 01249 449500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.